Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting worse?

When I found out about the whole tuition program going into the crapper, I pondered to myself.... Could things get any worse?? Yep, sure can! Today we had a meeting with the General Manager and he told us that raises are no longer going to happen. Thank GOD, that I recieved my raise last month. But still, what does that mean for the company? He said that the good news, was that we all still had jobs. I really do thank God for my job. I mean dang, to hear about a tire company over seas laying off over 2000 employess. wow, times are tough. I hope the new president pulls us out of this crunch that we are in. On a lighter note, it's offically the week end, and im wicked glad. Work hard all week, and i need some time to relax. Not to mention thanksgiving is next week. Wow, this year has flew by. Im looking forward to going to Gatlinburg with Alicia and her family. Gatlinburg is a great place, but to go with someone that makes you smile everyday, makes things so much better. I just feel extremely privledged to go and to even be asked to go on a trip like that. She sure is amazing. It's basically one of those situations when I find myself thanking God several times a day for such an amazing person. God sure does give me the best gifts ever. Well, it's date night and I need to roll on out. H.I.B.

4 comments:

Abo, Crys, GB and FB said...

it's not her WHOLE family. The best brother in law and sister will be here. :)

AMANDA said...

THE RAISE THING HAS HAPPENED HERE TOO... ALONG WITH INSURANCE GOING UP AND THE COMPANY PAYING LESS A MONTH FOR IT.
THE ECONOMY SUX! ALSO THEY TOLD US NO CHRISTMAS BONUS... WE HAVE HAD ONE EVERY YEAR FOR 8 YEARS...
DALE FEELS LIKE CLARK GRISWALD! LOL

j_webb said...

Ain't nuttin but a thang. You can handle whatever life throws at you homes! You have a great support system...family, friends and a nice girl. You have been blessed, so just hang on and see where God drives the JE Express!

PS Don't hold your breath waitin' for Obama to fix anything, especially real quick-like. Just sayin'... ;-)

deLa said...

well i havent gotten a raise since july 07 and there isnt one anywhere in sight... so consider yourself VERY lucky!!!! i was thinking earlier how happy i am that our hours/pay havent been cut.

we also got the no christmas bonus speech, amanda, and i promptly cancelled ALL christmas presents that i could, haha dirty santa for all!!!